Institut für Gebrauchsgrafik Cooperative from Frankfurt, Germany.
Founded in 2011, the Institut für Gebrauchsgrafik is a collective from Frankfurt, Germany. We design and produce digital & analog experiences for social & political organizations, scientific & educational institutions, artists & cultural operators and business & industry.
We produce Gebrauchsgrafik.
The communication of content always requires a suitable form. Finding this form is a collaborative process for us. That's why we want to work with our clients as equals and ideally be involved from the beginning to the end of a project.
We enjoy getting involved in the research, delving into your topics and contributing our perspectives. We like to deal with complex issues and always keep an eye on the social and political implications of our work.
And we contribute our knowledge of which media and techniques are the most suitable to convey your content. We place particular emphasis on issues such as accessibility and data protection, especially in the case of digital products.
Thus, we not only find a customized design for your projects, but also take into account the interests of the future users.
After conception and development, we take care of implementation and production in a professional and comprehensive manner. We are happy to obtain quotations and communicate with printers and other service providers. Image editing, typesetting and final artwork are our daily business. For us, web projects are custom-fit solutions that meet both technical and design requirements. In exhibition projects, we bring together interactive elements, digital and analog content in space and ensure that the result is convincing on all levels.
- Consulting and project organization
- Research and idea development
- Conception and design
- Production and implementation
Frank Bossert has been a successful sound and web designer since the early 2000s. Over the years he has seen many technologies come and go and managed many projects. He produces music, audio for phone waiting loops, short films, jingles and plays with dedication. Frank enjoys seeing elegant solutions to challenging problems. He believes the word is a sharp sword and hopes to become a samurai one day.
Peter Konrad worked as the e-learning supervisor and web designer for Geothe University Frankfurt before co-founding the Institut für Gebrauchsgrafik. In his previous position he advised the lecturers on the use of various e-learning tools and learning platforms and designed, implemented and evaluated pilot projects for the use of podcasts in teaching. Before that, he worked as a freelance author and graphic designer for various cultural foundations, the Museum Angewandte Kunst (»Museum of Applied Arts«) and the Institute for New Media in Frankfurt.
Jörg Schmidt a trained media designer for digital and print media and state-certified designer. Before the institute was founded, he worked as an employed graphic designer at a Frankfurt advertising agency. Through years of social and political activism he gained a diverse range of experience, including press and public relations.
Martin Spencer joined the collective in 2019. He is a trained media designer. Before his time at the institute he worked as a senior frontend developer at a Frankfurt software company and as a freelance designer, developer and consultant.
Martin Stiehl studied visual communication at the Offenbach University of Design with a focus on »Electronic Media«. Since 2005, as a co-founder of »Hanau Radau – Ansorge, Walldorf und Andere GbR«, he implemented commissions in the field of wall design and art in public spaces – among others for the city of Hanau and the Senckenberg Museum. In addition, he has many years of experience as a freelance graphic designer for print and web. He co-founded and runs Synnika, a collectively organized experimental space for practice and theory in Frankfurt Bahnhofsviertel.
Yvonne Winnefeld joined the collective in 2019. She enjoys content-based concepts, color and shape variation, spaces and print. She studied communication design at Darmstadt University of Applied Sciences and worked as a freelance designer. She came in contact with the Institut für Gebrauchsgrafik by discovering the diskus newspaper and then calling them. The rest is history.
Institut für Gebrauchsgrafik is member of the Drupal Association.
We have already worked for:
- ADiBe – Antidiskriminierungsberatung des Landes Hessen
- Adrian Oeser (Journalist & Filmemacher)
- Allgemeiner Studierendenausschuss der Goethe-Universiät
- Archiv Frau und Musik
- Assoziation für kritische Gesellschaftsforschung
- Autowerk Frankfurt & Bierboutique Ølwechsel
- Berufliche Schulen Berta Jourdan
- Bildungsstätte Anne Frank
- Bund-Verlag GmbH
- DGB Deutscher Gewerkschaftsbund
- DGB Jugend
- diskus – Frankfurter Student_innen Zeitschrift
- Entwicklungspolitisches Netzwerk Hessen
- Forschungsstelle NS-Pädagogik
- Frankfurter Jugendring
- FRCPS – Frankfurt Research Center for Postcolonial Studies
- Gegen Vergessen – Für Demokratie
- gjb – Gesellschaft für Jugendbeschäftigung
- Glogowski / Hoesch (Performance, Bildende Kunst und Sound-Art)
- Goethe-Universität Frankfurt am Main
- Hessischer Flüchtlingsrat
- Hessischer Jugendring
- IB – Internationaler Bund
- IG Metall
- IGfH – Internationale Gesellschaft für erzieherische Hilfen
- Institut für Philosophie der Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
- Institut für Philosophie der Universität Kassel
- Jeronimo Voss (Künstler)
- kosi – Stadt für Mädchen*
- LAG Soziale Brennpunkte Hessen
- Land Hessen
- lila_bunt – Feministische Bildung, Praxis und Utopie
- medico international
- MMK Museum für Moderne Kunst Frankfurt am Main
- Museum Judengasse Frankfurt am Main
- Netafim Deutschland GmbH
- Partnerschaft für Demokratie
- response. Beratungsstelle für Betroffene von rechter, rassistischer und antisemitischer Gewalt
- Senckenberg Gesellschaft für Naturforschung
- Sozialistische Jugend Deutschlands – Die Falken
- Verband Deutscher Sinti & Roma Landesverband Hessen
- Veronika Kracher (Journalistin & Autorin)
- Wir Komplizen